- National Programs
- National Programs Main Page
- National Homeownership Programs
- NeighborWorks Awards
- NeighborWorks Week
- Real Estate Programs
- Center for Foreclosure Solutions
- NCHEC Training
- Community Building & Organizing
- Financial Capability
- HomeOwnership Centers
- Rural Initiative
- Success Measures
- Excellence in Governance
- Green Organization Program
- Stable Communities Initiative
- Training and Certification
- Training Main Page
- Training Events Calendar
- Online Learning
- Place-Based Training
- Career Enhancement and Credentials
- Partnerships and Collaborations
- Achieving Excellence
- Specialized Training
- Course Catalog
- Get Training Updates
- Foreclosure Resources
- Foreclosure Main Page
- Help for Homeowners
- Loan Scam Alert
- National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program
- Emergency Homeowners' Loan Program
- Foreclosure Solutions
- Foreclosure Training
- Community Stabilization
- News and Media
- About Us
- About Us Main Page
- Mission & Strategy
- Our Impact
- Board of Directors
- Financial Oversight, Audits and Reporting
- Legislative Information
- NeighborWorks Offices
- NeighborWorks Network
- Green Strategies
- NeighborWorks Gulf Coast Recovery
- Contracts & Consulting
- For Nonprofits
- For Consumers
NeighborWorks Virtual Classroom Courses in 2013:
HO307vc Advanced Foreclosure Case Study Practicum
“One of the best trainings I have ever taken – classroom or online! I especially appreciated the interaction and collaboration with our instructor and with the other students in the class.”
“This is an excellent opportunity to help organizations around the nation savefunding dollars through training online.”
NeighborWorks Virtual Classroom
Download our Virtual Classroom FAQs or watch the new Virtual Classroom Video.
To contact NeighborWorks America's Customer Response team with questions about Virtual Classroom, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A new source of faculty-led online learning to enhance your community development work
NeighborWorks now offers an exciting new form of online learning – NeighborWorks Virtual Classroom. Virtual Classroom is similar to the distance learning offered by many top-notch universities: faculty-led, interactive learning experiences that offer you the opportunity to collaborate with an expert instructor and peers online. Best of all, they’re packed with resources and best practices that will immediately impact your work. Incorporating collaborative technology such as online discussion forums, chat, wikis, and live web conferencing, Virtual Classroom delivers a comprehensive professional development experience, while allowing learners to save valuable time and travel dollars.
The benefits of faculty-led Virtual Classroom learning include:
- The ability to communicate with and learn from both faculty and fellow learners.
- Content is delivered in weekly lessons, with deadlines that allow you to learn according to your schedule.
- You don’t have to put your work and personal life on hold to get the training you need.
- Feedback and instruction specific to the context of your community development challenges.
- Access to course materials online following the completion of the course, including resources that can be downloaded, saved and printed.
- You’ll save your time and your organization’s valuable travel dollars while still benefiting from a high-quality NeighborWorks learning experience.
All you’ll need is a computer and internet connection to take advantage of this reasonably priced and highly effective professional development opportunity!
- HO365vc Advanced Topics in HECM Counseling - registration now OPEN; Course begins July 17, 2013 and concludes August 6, 2013.
HECM counselors must master certain core content in order to pass the HECM exam and begin counseling. However, some important content areas are not covered in depth in other HECM classes. This course is designed to address three of these content areas. Specific content areas will include HECM for Purchase, HECM servicing, and the HECM marketplace, including the role of the secondary market.
This new virtual classroom course is designed for reverse mortgage counselors who have passed the HUD HECM exam and who have been providing HECM counseling for at least 6 months. Familiarity with HECM concepts and counseling practices will be assumed.
- CB275vc Training Community Leaders: A Complete Curriculum - registration will open in August; Course begins September 11 and concludes October 8, 2013.
These faculty-led, highly engaging courses include self-paced online lessons, assignments, and the use of peer discussion forums for interaction with expert faculty and peers. All Virtual Classroom courses offer comprehensive lessons and resource materials, live chat and web conferencing provide real-time interaction each week. Participants should expect to spend approximately four hours per week on course related reading and assignments.
Questions about online learning with NeighborWorks? Email NeighborWorks at VirtualClassroom@nw.org.